Hunting With Longbeard56

Hunting With Longbeard56

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:25 pm

I went on a turkey hunt yesterday with the Biggamecameraman and Longbeard56. It was a great hunt! Our morning set up on the roost was awesome! With lots of gobbling and yelping from the roosted birds. We watched the birds fly down strut and feed and gobble.

There were packs of marauding jakes running around harassing hens and longbeards.

It was great to meet Longbeard56 and hunt turkeys with him. Longbeard56 is a serious turkey man! Hunting was hard with the howling winds and the big Toms were all henned up. We hunted hard but just couldn't pull the longbeards away from the hens.

On our last set up at 11:55 I decided to take a jake out of a pack that Longbeard56 called in.

Lou I had a great time hunting with you and learned a lot about the wild gobbler. Thanks for all the calling you literally put on calling clinic out in the hedgerows of South Jersey farm land. Looking forward to hunting with you again sometime. Thanks Pete and Lou I had a great time hunting with you guys!
Attachments
image.jpg
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Re: Hunting With Longbeard56

Unread postby ShurShot07 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time, you were with a great team Lou & Pete.

Lots of turkey experience there, Plus a great caller (Lou)
Member NWTF (VP Tri-County Longbeards)
Life Member NRA
Member DU
Member ACGP
Proud Member of Tom Kelly's TENTH LEGION
ShurShot07
6 pointer

Unread postby ol timer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Congrats Bigcity it's been a tough week of turkey hunting for most guys you and Longbeard got it done,it's got to be a good feeling knowing you're hunting with a Turkey Pro like Longbeard, I'm sure it was like going to the first day of school had to be intense, and to have the hunt on video by Camerman wow what a day!! Good Time for sure.
ol timer
12 Pointer

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:47 pm

the camera was rolling and uncle lou said it was SHOW TIME . very krazy fun footage we picked up all day long . I had a blast filming both members , well done men ;)
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby longbeard56 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:51 pm

BigCity. I really enjoyed yesterday. It was a pleasure to meet and hunt with you & Pete. I'm sorry Tom couldn't join us as well but we sure did give it our best.
This 1st week has been a bit challenging to say the least. Cool,Windy and Gobblers really pinned down with Hens.
There seems to be a good bit of Jakes around and a shortage of two year old birds but some mature Toms tending the Hens. I sure do think the hunting will improve in the next couple weeks. We got to see a good bit of Turkey behavior yesterday. A bunch of males yelping and plenty of gobbling. I wish that big ole boy that was roosting on our left would have landed on our laps for sure.
But all in all a great day. I'm so happy you filled your tag with a good bird. You earned it for sure and like we said you will live the day all over again when you pull him out of the freezer and enjoy the reward.
I hope to hunt with you again. I think Pete would have us back we behaved ourselves. Hope the rest of the season goes well for you and Thanks again for letting me tag along I really do appreciate it!
longbeard 56
NJNWTF State Chapter President
Save the Habitat & Save the Hunt
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer

Unread postby redneck » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

hey you hunted with a legend, the man is known all over these parts and country. I know you had a good time.
Consistent results does not come from always doing it right, but learning from what was done wrong.
redneck
8 Pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it but Teeth took priority.
Congrats Gerry, good job! Wish I was there
Looks like Monday is the day for Frank, hope you can come Lou.
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Great job guys.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Throw back Tuesday amazing hunt with Lou!
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Return to Turkey Hunting