North Woods Law

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

North Woods Law

Unread postby FallGuy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:05 pm

Anyone watch this show. I enjoy the scenery and of course its hunting related so I'll watch it. But this Animal Planet Narrator, some of the comments he is told to say seem a little anti slanted to me.

I just learned a little while ago that because I bait and have done some drives, that I'm a cheater, unethical, and a poacher. I've never been so disgusted with myself. I think I'll call F&G tomorrow and turn myself in. ;)
FallGuy
spike

Re: North Woods Law

Unread postby rr79 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah the episode thst he catches the guy with a trail camera and bait. Geeez cant even use a trail camera!
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby FallGuy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Guess I'll add that to the list.

Never been there but it sure looks like a beautiful state.
FallGuy
spike

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:45 am

Never seen the show but really? Why because technology?? Where do you draw line?? Compound..Crossbow..Recurve??? Modern rifle instead of flinchlock??? Camo instead of leaves and mud??
Food plots instead of natural?? Can keep going on and on
Topo maps instead of walking...gps instead of compass??
Carbon arrows instead of wood....mechanical broadheads instead of sharpened stone???
Tree stand instead of standing on branch....deer drives instead of fire drives like the indians
Bad boy buggies instead of horse...

Hey before recurves it was spears so are recurves and longbows cheating??? Where do you draw the line???
Who is the judge???

Is technology making us better or making us cheaters???

I say better, at some point everything was new technology, god made us with the ability to better ourselves.
A country boy WILL survive!
ImageImage
2013-2014 Whitetails Champs -> The Church Ladies 105 points
Member Tri-County Longbeards
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:07 am

I have watched the show, alot of it is Very scripted and fake, just like the rest of these shows. I really like when they miss name a fish or animal. :lol:

And i would worry about what they have to say as the world is going down the drain real fast. If they want to look for scumbags, they should look @ our President and many under him. :evil:
The voices in my head said to stay home and clean the guns

2013/2014 season Predator contest Champions

ODV Moderator
55project
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 am

Yes. Scripted like the rest of the shows is dead on. These shows start out cool but run out of ideas then they start makeing stuff up. Gotta love the fake fights too. Since when do grown men push and shove when they fight?
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby FallGuy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

What really gets me is that this is on a TV channel that I'm guessing is viewed worldwide. To the non-hunting public , that doesn't know a thing about hunting, any of our laws, and the "REAL" reality of hunting and the outdoors, will look at the next hunter they see buying apples and corn to be a poacher. This just helps escalade the hate some people already have for hunters.
FallGuy
spike

Unread postby FallGuy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:53 am

Tom, the only thing I see wrong with all you posted is that all that is making us a more non-thinking and lazy hunters. There are so many tools out there that take a lot of the work and thought process out of hunting. A lot of guys figure you just buy all the scent control sprays and clothes and a bait pile, plop it anywhere and your gonna kill. Technology is a great thing, if you use it wisely.
FallGuy
spike

Unread postby ted b » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Camera is what got him caught. It was bait and the untagged stand that he got in trouble for.maine is like pa no baiting
earse the flock boys
ted b
y buck

Return to Campfire