It's all good but!!

It's all good but!!

Unread postby cut_un » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am

I have been a NWTF volunteer for many years, I support one of the "giving back" programs within the ORG. The Wheelin' Sportsmen! I great group of guys, from members too it's supporters!! Like said, all good! BUT..... I have talked too several chapters across the state and I wish more kids were involved! The ORG. has a Jakes program but........ like most chapters have indicated too me,at least.... hard too get the kids involved! Kids today are involved in things other than hunting and fishing, seems hard too tap into kids outside of their chapters too join in! We now have youth "weekends" here in Va. Now days, we don't have too pile a days worth of activity in a morning hunt, can be a weekend with all the trimmings! I guess, just wishing on a star! :cry:
cut_un
Button Buck

Re: It's all good but!!

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:17 am

Kids are the future!! That is one of many things that appealed to me about Virginia allowing the parents to determine when the child is ready to hunt.
Cayden is 8 and has been on turkey hunts with me but now this year he will also be holding a gun!

I'm in Peidmont Chapter now, we will be doing a Jakes event at Graves Mountain April 6. We are also talking about doing a youth hunt next year
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Re: It's all good but!!

Unread postby cut_un » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks great friend! Living on central Va. seems no chapters are really doing a lot involving our kids! I know the Piedmont Chapter is cranking up a Jakes program...... Be nice if we could get something going" closer too home"
cut_un
Button Buck

Return to Turkey Hunting