Tree Stand safety

Anything with a string and an arrow

Tree Stand safety

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:26 am

Hey OV Community,
Let's be safe out there getting ready for the season. On another site there was a guy that jus recently fell got messed up adjusting his ladder stand. He was by himself. My point is you never know and think this is not going to happen to you. The guys I hunt with we are doing the Buddy system when hanging our stands. Also I make sure all my guys are using safety harnesses and we have been putting life lines on all of our stands. It's a few dollars more per stand but what's your life worth. Well good luck and be safe.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Re: Tree Stand safety

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Yea Philly Archer I need to invest in a easier harness to use this year .looking for a vest type instead of just straps.sometines I just don't feel like going through the hastle of putting it on .crazy huh is my life worth a couple Xtra minutes to put it on
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:55 pm

QUACKHEAD wrote:Yea Philly Archer I need to invest in a easier harness to use this year .looking for a vest type instead of just straps.sometines I just don't feel like going through the hastle of putting it on .crazy huh is my life worth a couple Xtra minutes to put it on

Hey Quack,
I have a Micro spider harness its light and not bulky. It clips in my Scentblocker jacket. Early season I use my 3D camo and it works great you don't even know you have it on. Hey take the few minutes it's well worth it Buddy.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Nice I'll have to check one out ..
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Unread postby Nevermoor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

I use a Spyder too and it is so much easier than the harness that comes with the stand. I won't go up without it.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:37 am

Great point Pat, can never be to safe!!
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Return to Archery