Is ODV done?!?

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

Re: Is ODV done?!?

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Yeah it's hard to understand what happened here. This was an active happening site. I met some great people and new friends on this site.

The Good The Bad The Ugly! :o
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:42 pm

let's make a come back this summer :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby Zamboni » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm

bigcitybowhunter wrote:Yo Zamboni Facebook lost 120.9 billion in the stock market today! Must have been backlash from your post on the OV. :lol:

Well there's some good news !!
It's not your vote that counts but who counts the vote !
Zamboni
6 pointer

Unread postby Sgt Fury » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Phillyarcher wrote:Hey let's getter done guys and get the OV back up. I think there are guys that check in on a daily bases and don't say or post anything. Come on it's not that bad.

Guilty! I don’t check daily but do drop by about once or twice a week. Lately there’s been not a lot of posts so it’s down to once every week or two. I also do Facebook but not the OV on there. I also go on two other sites geared toward Ohio hunting/fishing. Hopefully it’ll pick back up come hunting season. Maybe someone will start a thread for 2018 trail cam pics that everyone can share their pics on. That should get some traffic.
Sgt Fury
Button Buck

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:02 pm

FB killed it .I refuse to do the FBODV I like this site way better .this site could come back it just takes our original guys to bring it back .I'll try and help it's all I can do .I miss all the posts there were so great hunters on here I know they read the posts they just don't reply for some reason .
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Unread postby Nevermoor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:02 pm

I go to FB and see posts from ODV but I don't like the format there. This site is easier to follow conversations and review forums. Let's hope fall brings guys back.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby BigWalt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 am

January 2018 was the last time I visit this site.,,,,, after that, got too many death in family, ran into serious depression.......haven't went fishing since May 2017..... sheesh..... what a life...huh? :shock:

Bottom line, as I got older, less time I am on internet.................... :(
Last edited by BigWalt on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigWalt
y buck

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm

This site was a fun site I was around from the beginning and met a lot of great folks that came through here. Unfortunately, the bigger we got the more greedy one of the owners got allowing folks into the community who should never had been allowed and the site started turning into your typical drama filled, keyboard warrior BS type community site. He just wanted constant activity opposed to quality activity. And when members speak up and owners just laugh, eventually that will backfire on you and it did. The members on here for the most part are an older more established group who are looking to get away from the drama filled sites its what was the greatest thing about this site. We want a community we can come into share ideas, stories and is tight enough to bust some stones in a fun way and without dudes flipping there donkey dung or personally attacking members or threatening to sue. We don't need people lying in contests, outlaws, made up contest members to show numbers, and the list of all the other BS that was allowed to continue here. You want this site to comeback the attitude of the owners need to change. FB eliminates some of this nonsense that was going on here. Had a great thing here and took advantage of it...
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Silver Belly62 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Thedeerwhisperer wrote:This site was a fun site I was around from the beginning and met a lot of great folks that came through here. Unfortunately, the bigger we got the more greedy one of the owners got allowing folks into the community who should never had been allowed and the site started turning into your typical drama filled, keyboard warrior BS type community site. He just wanted constant activity opposed to quality activity. And when members speak up and owners just laugh, eventually that will backfire on you and it did. The members on here for the most part are an older more established group who are looking to get away from the drama filled sites its what was the greatest thing about this site. We want a community we can come into share ideas, stories and is tight enough to bust some stones in a fun way and without dudes flipping there donkey dung or personally attacking members or threatening to sue. We don't need people lying in contests, outlaws, made up contest members to show numbers, and the list of all the other BS that was allowed to continue here. You want this site to comeback the attitude of the owners need to change. FB eliminates some of this nonsense that was going on here. Had a great thing here and took advantage of it...

I have to agree. Use to be a decent site with potential. Enjoyed going to Bangers to meet some of the guys at the Jamboree, etc but I personally got tired of all the drama BS
NJ Fur Harvesters
SCI
Silver Belly62
6 pointer

Unread postby longbeard56 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Well said Deerwhisperer!
longbeard 56
NJNWTF State Chapter President
Save the Habitat & Save the Hunt
609-350-3134
longbeard56