TICKS!!

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

TICKS!!

Unread postby ol timer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:41 am

Just a reminder to everyone this is Tick season it’s time to treat your hunting or fishing clothing. The little bastards will mess your life up as many of us know the effects of there bite. There are lots of things we can do to help kill them while enjoying the outdoors.

Lots of you are probably use Sawyers Permethrin which works well but expensive for only a few ounces,while at Tractor Supply a few years back I noticed they sold Permethrin 10% this is a dilute concentrate made by Martins it sell for $11.00 it comes in 1 pint bottles and goes a long long way in saving you money.

Here is my mixed ratio 1/2oz to 24 oz of water in spray bottle, it will do a lot more than the little bottles of Sawyer. I can get my clothing soaking wet rather than just a lite spray and then just mix up more to treat more clothing. This stuff works on all bugs not just Ticks and is safe to use on animals like your hunting dogs.
So if you haven’t treated your clothing yet do it today to be bug free.
ol timer
12 Pointer

Re: TICKS!!

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am

Ol Timer,
Good subject. I have used this before and it works pretty good. I have also heard you can make a natural one using Rose Geranium 40 drops,1 ounce of Witchaze and distilled water. Also someone told me they use Sperament too. There is probably a bunch on the internet.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby 10gauge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 pm

that sounds like the way to go ol timer. and i can se it as an easier way to go. just mix a batch in a bucket and soak your clothes and hang dry. you will get full coverage and you don't have to spray and spray and spray
when injustice becomes law
resistance becomes duty
10gauge
6 pointer

Unread postby Meatonstick » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Yea man. Pulled 2 off of me already this year same day after shed hunting.
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Great info,I pulled one off me yesterday hate them dam things
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Return to Campfire