First Fluke Trip

First Fluke Trip

Unread postby Nevermoor » Sat May 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Fluke season opened Thursday but the weather sucked and I was chasing gobblers. So this morning was my first fluke trip. I spent about 3 hours, last hour of the incoming thru to first hour of the ebb. They were biting but not hard. Water is still cold (57 Deg) so they just sort of hang on and you need to pay attention.

It was a good morning. I had 8 fish and one was a keeper at 18". I'll take a morning like that any time.

fluke3.jpg
fluke3.jpg (75.65 KiB) Viewed 391 times

fluke4.jpg
fluke4.jpg (57.27 KiB) Viewed 391 times
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Re: First Fluke Trip

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 am

our first flounder report of the 2017 season well done Gene thanks for the recap :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 am

Nice catch. We hope to be getting down there soon for some flatties
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby Nevermoor » Mon May 29, 2017 5:23 pm

I went back out Sunday for a couple of hours and had another nice morning. Three fluke, 2 keepers @ 18" & 19" and a nice tailor blue for the smoker.

IMG_6063.JPG
IMG_6063.JPG (43.96 KiB) Viewed 327 times
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby C-phase » Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Way to go Gene !!

You fishing in a different boat? Blue boat maybe?
I see / saw the hydro sitting at Corky's the other day. Someone said they thought you were in a blue boat. I was out Sat & Sun as well, like a friggen parking lot. Had 2 21's and a 19" Saturday and a 19" Sun.
Fished today as well. Real nice day and the wind finally dropped out after blowing for what seemed like 4 days in a row. Only a small handful of boats, it was a real treat. Lots of fish only one made the cut though.
C-phase
6 pointer

Unread postby C-phase » Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 pm

Way to go Gene !!

You fishing in a different boat? Blue boat maybe?
I see / saw the hydro sitting at Corky's the other day. Someone said they thought you were in a blue boat. I was out Sat & Sun as well, like a friggen parking lot. Had 2 21's and a 19" Saturday and a 19" Sun.
Fished today as well. Real nice day and the wind finally dropped out after blowing for what seemed like 4 days in a row. Only a small handful of boats, it was a real treat. Lots of fish only one made the cut though.
C-phase
6 pointer

Unread postby Nevermoor » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 am

Yep, I now have a 17' Aquasport that is deep blue. I sold the 17' Mako. The 23' won't go in until next week. I prefer fishing for fluke from the smaller boat. I know you got a Regulator but I haven't recognized it yet. Got a name on it?

My son and I went out Wednesday at the high but only managed a few throwbacks. Tossing the 17 3/4" fish back was an exercise in will power. I may be back out on Friday. If you see me wave so I know what your boat looks like.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby C-phase » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:12 am

The new C Phase Gettin her done !!

My buddy lives along the bay and bought a new toy (Drone)
He knew I was fishing and asked if I was at the spot near his house. I told him yes and he said OK I'll send the drone right out 8-)

I knew who it was but other guys were like WTF !! I told them I heard that Fish & Game are flying them things now, and that they better be legal. They were like :shock: :o :shock:

There is no name on it.
C-phase
6 pointer

Unread postby C-phase » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:12 am

The new C Phase Gettin her done !!

My buddy lives along the bay and bought a new toy (Drone)
He knew I was fishing and asked if I was at the spot near his house. I told him yes and he said OK I'll send the drone right out 8-)

I knew who it was but other guys were like WTF !! I told them I heard that Fish & Game are flying them things now, and that they better be legal. They were like :shock: :o :shock:

There is no name on it.
C-phase
6 pointer

Unread postby C-phase » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

And to the moderators or Admin, When I hit "Submit" for my post I get an error message. I go back to my last page and my message is still sitting there waiting to post so I hit submit again and it is successful, and apparently so was the first attempt and why the double posts. Just an FYI and you might want to delete one of the duplicate posts
C-phase
6 pointer

Next

Return to Local Catches & Reports