creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Here's a place to keep all members videos in one easy to find spot

creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Unread postby fulldraw02 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 pm

this suggestion was brought up on another site that I came from and I def dont want to steal anyones thunder. Infact the same people prob belong to this site as well but ultimately I was looking forward to something coming of this idea and it never did... on the other site anyway...

regardless me and a group of my own personnal friends try and do as much as we can but its tough with schedule conflicts and other things. We could create our own name try and maybe network a little get our stuff out there and see what could happens. or just have a group make some videos and post them on here. Im already in contact with some of you guys on here now and HOOKER you shoot some good stuff man nice job. I dont even know if this idea has already been brought up here being I just got here but figured id throw it out there. let me know what you guys think...
fulldraw02
y buck

Re: creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Sounds like a good idea but biggamecameraman would lose subjects for his filming and makeing his dvd's. You dont wanna make bgcm mad! Lol
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby fulldraw02 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Well i def dont want to take away from anyone but if thats the case then where do i sign up haha... ive been filming for several years now and got some pretty cool stuff but now that i got a little taste of editing and making my videos into something im fully vested. Saving my pennies to upgrade some of my equipment. I really just want to get my stuff out there and maybe make something out of it. Im learning everyday making mistake after mistake but i love every minute of it.
fulldraw02
y buck

Unread postby Archery Man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Keep at it. There is nothing like having all your hunting and fishing adventures on film. When you are hooked you are hooked. Best of luck!
Koch's Archery & Taxidermy LLC
Archery Man
y buck

Location: Koch's Archery & Taxidermy LLC. Schuylkill Haven, PA

Unread postby Archery Man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm

There is nothing wrong with videoing yourself and friends and trying to start something with it. I started filming for TV 14 years ago and love nothing more. The hardest part is coming up with good hunts and help doing it. Like I said, keep at it and best of luck. Just try to be professional about it, and you will get respect.
Archery Man
y buck

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Ha yeah I was kidn. I got alot of stuff on video but I havnt mastered editing or even close. I would film stuff and give it to you to edit lol. I hunt alone. I have no stands set up cuz I dont use them. I have no steps in trees cuz I dont use them. I dont want sumone climbing up a tree with a noisy climber either and trying to find a tree with no branches. Plus two people double the scent and nobody is gonna wanna climb 40ft wich is where ya gotta be if your going with me. So if you can find a guy with tree spikes that will climb 40ft and sit on a limb he can go with me to film:)
I kill things!

rr79
Droptine

Unread postby Archery Man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I would help with some editing if you need. But not interested climbing 40 foot up a tree. Never felt the need for that. As I said I've been filming for TV for 14 years. And I can't remember when I ever got busted. Had deer and bear look up at us in the tree. Just can't move when that happens. Filmed over in South Africa and if those animals don't bust you your ok. Because they are so nervous it is unbelievable . They will just take off for no reason and come back in a couple minutes. Although, had to let a few animals walk because they were not on film at the time the shot came. That's the tuff part if you get serious about filming.
Archery Man
y buck

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Its all mental archeryman. If I sat lower then 35 my mind will be raceing about being winded. Plus I dont get much time to hunt and I dnt wanna worry about wich way the wind is blowing. In fact I preffer it to blow in the bedding area. Same with takeing a cameraman, i would be thinking the whole time how he is gonna blow my spot up. I am mental about that stuff. Just my style. I got this new version of powerdirector editing software but havnt figured it out yet.
Last edited by rr79 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I kill things!

rr79
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm

I tried editing one video so far and it wasnt with good software. See how good I am at it. 2012 fall bow opener.: https://youtu.be/nXyxDQ5v8co
I kill things!

rr79
Droptine

Unread postby Archery Man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Lot of good footage. Anytime you move the camera or have bad footage, just cut it out. We all have some bad footage or make mistakes filming. But we just edit it out. Remember as they say. It ain't Hollywood and you can't ask an animal to hold on, Take 2 . Things are not scripted and there is plenty of footage that gets tossed away. But don't stop. Keep filming. The more you do the better you will get. When I look at my shows and others from 14 years ago. I say WOAH.
Archery Man
y buck

Next

Return to Members Videos