creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Here's a place to keep all members videos in one easy to find spot

Re: creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Unread postby Hooker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks man. I've videoed for many years but kinda gotten away from it. I've recently gotten into editing. Now I'm into videoing hunts and fishing trips again. I belonged to a group that videoed hunts and sold them on DVD. I've gotten a couple free things and discounted things and met a lot of people. Videoing like that was tough, many missed opportunities at big deer because everything has to be just right. It isn't easy and it take a special hunt/video partner to make things work. I can see myself going 100% into again though. I like editing my trips now, my way. I edit trips wit my kids now, memories forever.
High Class "HOOKER"
2014-2015 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
2016-2017 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
Fluke contest champ 2016, 26 1/4"
Fluke contest champ 2015, 27 1/2"
Hooker
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Archery Man wrote:Lot of good footage. Anytime you move the camera or have bad footage, just cut it out. We all have some bad footage or make mistakes filming. But we just edit it out. Remember as they say. It ain't Hollywood and you can't ask an animal to hold on, Take 2 . Things are not scripted and there is plenty of footage that gets tossed away. But don't stop. Keep filming. The more you do the better you will get. When I look at my shows and others from 14 years ago. I say WOAH.

Didnt help I had wifes camcorder wire tied to a 3 arm bow hanger lol.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby Whiskers » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I used to have Sony handicams that I video'd with. I had nothing but problems with them and poor service from Sony. I went with a Panasonic, and cannot edit the videos. Never had a problem with the Sony. Anyone familiar with the AVCHD Panasonic stuff? What is a good program, I was using Windows Movie Maker, and had no issues but the AVCHD, won't work with it.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!"
Whiskers
Button Buck

Unread postby fulldraw02 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 pm

some good stuff being said here I love it...I would love to help anyone learn to edit or at the very least share the little bit of knowledge that i have obtained. Ive mentioned it before and I will as much as I can... I owe everything that I know to Joe Pio. I dont know how that man doesnt hate me yet. however the most important thing i learned from him is that the best way to learn is to sit yourself down and study everything about your equipment and learn your editing software. I took a 2 hour online course to learn the basics of my software program. Thats not counting the hours I spent with Joe, or the 50million text messages and emails I sent him asking for advice.

Whiskers my current setup right now is a sony handicam with a muddy treearm and a Gopro. Ive had no problems with my sony and shes been beat up a little. I promised myself that once I learned to edit and actually make atleast something out of my videos to my liking then i would spend the money on a better camera and maybe even purchase a DSLR. The video editing software that I use is the new Pinnacle 17 ultimate.

Hooker you better not fall off I enjoyed your videos. glad to know youre still in the game. you killed some nice bucks with that camera rolling. Wish I could say the same. My idea of filming my hunt was filming the deer walk in... shut the camera off place in my backpack, grab my bow and take a shot then turn the camera back on. Each day and each mistake I learn more and more. Its crazy looking back and seeing the progress that ive made.
fulldraw02
y buck

Unread postby Hooker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 pm

I have a Cannon gl2 for sale with all the fixins if you ever wanna step up in camera. I have more videos laying around still that I didn't post cause it seemed I overloaded everyone. Haaaaaa. Too many too fast. I plan on making so better striper videos once they start chewin.
High Class "HOOKER"
Hooker
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:00 am

Fulldraw, yea I still think there is a market for real videos, telling a story...showing the scouting, the highs and the lows. Not just wham bam, kill after killl...there are many that do that. Need story lines, building relationships and liking or not liking certain guys on the crew.. Many build the story lines now, seeing the pursuit of certain animals

Joe is a good guy and well respected by many, the man works hard and is willing to help

Hooker did you mean you can't see or can see??

And Hooker no way did you overload anyone, we are junkies here... but it's okay you can tease us and put want out every so often if that is the way you want to be :lol:

RR hay man you got 2 shots on camera...that's awesome man
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am

Yeah why I needed 2 shots when the first was right behind the shoulder is a mystery. And it aint the first time! I stopped aiming behind the shoulder on broadside deer.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby Hooker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:26 am

Can.... ;)
High Class "HOOKER"
Hooker
Droptine

Unread postby Thenewguy9 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Check your PM's Hooker, alot of times they will read that you have 0. Just sent ya one.
I'M BOUT TO SHOW ME A CITY SLICKER.....
.. HOW TO KICK IT IN THE STICKS WITH THE CRITTERS
Thenewguy9
8 Pointer

Unread postby Whiskers » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 pm

The problem I had with the Handicams, the first one just quit working when I took it back for service, before they even looked at it they told me it would be $280.00. I didn't spend that much on the camera. The camera wasn't a year old. They told me that was for labor, parts would be free. I chucked that Sony, a year later I bought another Sony Handicam, that lasted 6 months ( I babied this camera) I couldn't download the video's. I took it back to best buy, they charged me $69 that I had to pay up front. Two weeks later I got my camera back with a dead battery. Took the cam home, put a charged battery in it, "Video function disabled" popped up on the screen. Took it back to best buy, (same day) showed them the display. They turned it around in their hands like they were doing magic then when that didn't fix it, told me it would cost another $69 to fix it. No matter how much I argued, explained I got the camera back two hours ago, they wouldn't move from the second $69 charge. I called Sony, they said they never saw the camera, I explained everything to them. Gave them the repair ticket number, not one of theirs. Turns out best buy attempted to fix it. Called Sony, they wanted $280 to take a look at it. Threw the damn thing out and bought the panasonic. I don't know what to do. Can't afford a big expensive camera set up.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!"
Whiskers
Button Buck

PreviousNext

Return to Members Videos