creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Here's a place to keep all members videos in one easy to find spot

Re: creating a video/editing/filming hunts group

Unread postby rr79 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Me neither. I would like to get a good affordable small one. I like the idea of filming hunts and I do have slot of stuff recorded on crappy cameras. But I dont like filming enough to spend big money on a camera.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby fulldraw02 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 am

Whiskers- first off i cant stand best buy... but thats just my opinion. I will say that about 4 years ago I had a sony handicam that filmed on those minidv tapes and i ran into a situation where my camera wouldnt copy to the tape anymore. I took it back to best buy where I was like a year out of warranty with no protection plan thats offered thru them but they were willing to give me full price of what I paid for that camera to put towards a new one. Which is currently the one I have now. I did have some minor problems with this camera where again I brought it back to best buy and they tried to slam me with outrageous fees to fix. So never again. Fortunately I have a friend who works for a mom and pop camera store here in town and we were able to fix the issues. There are some pretty good alternatives to best buy... Campbell Cameras(not the cheapest but they back all there products should something go wrong) Amazon (electronics are usually par for the course as far as price but every now and then youll catch a deal) NewEgg.com (Best bet for price)...

I have no problem formatting my films from my sony handicam to my movie editor pinnacle 17 ultimate. For $80 and free shipping on amazon you can pick up the pinnacle program compared to $140 i believe at most places. I chose the pinnacle program because there was alot of real good tutorials on how to use the program. Endless amounts of information. Im sure its out there for most if not all programs but these specific tutorials really walked you thru everything. Im hoping to upgrade my video camera by August and really hoping to pick up a DSLR as well. If this all comes together as planned I would consider giving you my current video camera. But thats up to you...

I would also consider buying a external hard drive to save your videos to. Keeping all those video files on your computer will really slow it down. $100 for a 2TB external drive is the way to go. Never in a million years would I have thought so much goes into filming my hunts. Yes these additional items cost money and tend to add up but man are they a must and def make life so much easier.
fulldraw02
y buck

Unread postby Hooker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:56 am

And as you spend more time and money on editing your stuff you will eventually spend the money on a better camera....It makes a difference trust me, better during low light (when most of your activity is), less shakey and the quality improves especially during transfer of videos for editing.. Alot more things you can do with a better camera....Ive used cheaper cameras and then finally spent the money, what a difference...but I do understand not wanting to spend the money on it but in the long run it is worth it if your trying to produce a quality video....
High Class "HOOKER"
2014-2015 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
2016-2017 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
Fluke contest champ 2016, 26 1/4"
Fluke contest champ 2015, 27 1/2"
Hooker
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 am

We have a group of guys on here making some awesome videos!!!
There is more to it then you would ever think, but man when it comes together and have a product you can sit back and watch it is SWEET :D :D

Good job guys!!!
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Whiskers » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Fulldraw, where is this mom and pop camera shop. I have 5 trail cams that need work.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!"
Whiskers
Button Buck

Unread postby fulldraw02 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 am

whiskers the store is tandfcamera in vineland. I dont think they do work on trailcameras but i never tried so maybe it might be worth the shot???
fulldraw02
y buck

Unread postby ub1243 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:43 am

Wiskers, i do not think WMM supports AVCHD. at least when i was learning to edit, that version did not.

Fulldraw, it wouldn't be a complete day without a text from you asking something. it's no problem. you are getting there. you need a complete season or two with a better camera. i am here to help.

glad to see we have a few camera guys on here. it is hard work. really hard to make things look good, especially going solo.
United Bowhunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
NJ State Trappers Association
National Trapping Association-NJ Rep
ub1243
8 Pointer

Previous

Return to Members Videos