Next years Jamboree

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

Next years Jamboree

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:31 am

The first start of planning for next years event starts 2 Wednesdays August 13 at 5.

If anyone wants to be involved in this and help shape next years' event let me know.
But I will also create this as a sticky so anyone with ideas or suggestions can post here.

Thank you all!
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Re: Next years Jamboree

Unread postby ub1243 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:21 pm

what was the count on attendance?
that will dictate vendor interest for next year.

i think you need to actually lay out the locations. 20' wide x 10' deep. paint it on the ground. # the sites
get a map going with what vendor is in what spot. be careful burring guys in the corners, doesn't give them the frontage.
do something to improve the WIFI signal. it could have come in handy showing youtube links to people.

i see guys didn't like the food. i had a chicken strip/fries platter. it was ok. not the best, by far. oil was too cold for the fries. they sucked up the oil like a sponge.

make sure the people know there are tables in the archery range corner. i had a feeling a lot of people never walked around the sea container to see those tables.
United Bowhunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
NJ State Trappers Association
National Trapping Association-NJ Rep
ub1243
8 Pointer

Unread postby DT-MASportsman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Overall I think it was very good.

I'd like to see a layout/map of vendors.

As a mostly fishing vendor I'd like to see more fishing charters and vendors there. Like I said in another post I will put the word out to all my sponsors and friends in the industry to try to get more of a showing

I didn't try the food, but good food will bring even more people!
Bowtech Insanity CPXL

Check out my blog - M-ASportsman.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter - twitter.com/DT_MASportsman
DT-MASportsman
6 pointer

Unread postby sjoutdoorsmen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:04 am

I don't know what sunday looked like but I dont think there was a lot of vendors the food was ok that I ate the seminars were great I think the format was good I just think more vendors would keep people there longer cause people always want to see everything
NWTF Member(Tri County Longbeards Chapter)
sjoutdoorsmen
Button Buck

Unread postby Bpskulls » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 am

To be honest I was a little disappointed this year. I thought there was gonna be double the vendors and a flea market. I think there was more the first year. Maybe I just missed a lot.
Bpskulls
6 pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:16 am

Yes we were disappointed as well. We had well over 30 vendors who committed not show. We don't charge any reservation rate so they weren't really invested, not sure if nice weather pulled them away or what the cause.
We are examining what caused the lower output,heard several possible but also what to hear ALL feedback. We are committed to improving this event for the Tri State area.
1) Several large soccer tournaments
2) Gloucester County Fair was same time.
3) Some associate our Jamboree with the Old Jamboree since we kept the name trying to continue and improve a tradition. Heard that the name brings up bad memories and some possibly didn't come because of that??

Here's a couple things we want for next year. Lets hear the thoughts. Anyone interested in helping or contacts that can put or help with waterfowl and fishing please contact me
If you don't want to post here please email me. Tomcbigbucks@yahoo

1) We are working and committed to bringing in major name from bowhunting to the event next year along with someone from the turkey world.

2) Would love to have a waterfowl calling contest on Sunday along with the NWTF turkey calling Saturday

3) Expand seminars to include waterfowl and fishing

4) Wildlife carving contest

5) Possibly some Wildlife cooking contest. Jerky, Sausage??

6) Expand/Develop the flea market for outdoors merchandise

7) ??
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby longbeard56 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:24 am

Move it out of August please!!
longboard 56
NJNWTF State Chapter President
Save the Habitat & Save the Hunt
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer