Suggestions and/or ideas to improve your voice

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

Suggestions and/or ideas to improve your voice

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:24 am

Guys & gals if anyone has any ideas or suggestion to improve your voice add them here.
We the owners want to make this site the best it can be!
If you want to respond in private you can email me @ tomcbigbucks@yahoo.com

Thank you, may your arrow/bullets fly straight and may your lines be tight!
God bless
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Re: Suggestions and/or ideas to improve your voice

Unread postby 55project » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 am

The site looks Great, but just don't had too much as some folks computers will start to lock up. The one car site i help run , the owner started adding all kinds of stuff, including a music list and you skroll thru the pages. That really sucks and folks pissed and moaned about it. Along with other things that was added, the site took it's toll on members leaving over the past few years and now it's pretty dead. I tried to warn the owner, but he never did anything to fix the issues. :( Also i have noticed over the years helping with other sites. The more folks gotta search to find stuff, the faster they get bored and roll or they fade out of the picture.

Also, is there a way to keep a post up top if it's still getting replys? I see on this set up that a post get's to the bottom on the Home page then drops off. Then it's hard sometimes to find it. Gotta make this an easy find. We all are on other sites so i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. And sometimes i click on a section and the page dosen't lead me to where i wanted to go. I have to really search for the post i'm looking for.

Remember, The easier it is to Enjoy the site the more folks will hang around.

And let members do their own thing at their own pase.
Ya don't want to bulldoze folks into Enjoying the site and adding input, the site speaks for it'self and ALL Good sites pick up the pase in time. :D 8-) Starting a new site is like hunting & fishing, you gotta be patiant. You made it and they will come. 8-)

The #1 thing that makes a site is "Word of Mouth" Also, maybe make up a few stickers for folks to display. I always look on the back windows of trucks to see what other places are out there. 8-) Have a few t-shirts or sweat shirts made up in time, put them into a contest for folks to win, or sell them for what you have into them just to break even with the cost for now, just to get the word started. I wear my brothers T's and sweats for his taxidermy and i Always have folks ask me for his cards and info. :D And i'm always more than Glad to shoot the s**t with folks. :D

The banner up top is Awsome looking, that's something to keep. And the main page pics (the guy flyfishing, ect) are also Great looking pics, this Home page is above any that i have seen. 8-) VERY Nice. :D

That's my input for now. ;)
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:59 am

Good sugggestions.

We are trying to come up with a logo so we can make sticker and decals.

If anyone has an idea for a logo please submit
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:14 am

I'll see if i can come up with something to incorperate Hunting and fishing. The the sticker ideas fly. :D
ODV Moderator

55project
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Also want to apologize if we us owners (there are 3 of us) sometimes get to excited when we see a member that obviously has great skills and ideas to share that we push a little to hard.

We just want this site(your voice) be the best it can be and have valuable content for all, a place to learn, share and chat.

Point is well taken that this site is your voice a place to enjoy and not have us be a nagging wife LOL

We promise to continue to learn and grow along with this site. Might be bumps in the road but won't be not for trying.

We will try to make post be easier to follow as well

Thank you all!!
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Meatonstick » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm

I agree with 55 100%. Let the site do its thing. You guys are doing great and it looks good. Don't over do it. I also agree with keeping hot topics up on top like the barns. I only search the first page and if its not there sometimes it takes too long to track it down. Gotta remember what keeps people's intrest. Ease of navigation. And pictures! We all love pictures! Keep the tips coming for weekly reads and it will go just fine.
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 pm

That's what i'm talking about the topics rolling off to fast and getting lost. I like to follow up on something if i post on it, and many times, i go looking and then i go elsewhere when i don't find it fast.

And No need to Apologize, This site is going along Great. All projects got bugs to work out, everything will fall into place soon enuff. :D 8-)
ODV Moderator

55project
Droptine

Unread postby 10gauge » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:46 pm

I say don't change what is working. I enjoy everything about this site. I like the excitement,i like it when the people show they really care or show concern or try to help one another. this site is the real deal. true down to earth people. my only regret is I sit behind a computer all day long and it's kinda hard to hang out at night. I try to stay in touch when I can but sometimes I just can't stand to be in front of a computer
when injustice becomes law
resistance becomes duty
10gauge
6 pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 pm

When you click on hunting and the forum you want you can change your search display. Not sure if everyone was aware
Attachments
search.jpg
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Bones » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 am

let me start off saying that i love this site.
the problem with the pics being put on has been solved awesome. I am still having difficulty changing my profile pic i wanted to change it for the different seasons but when i try to do so it tells me file size too big i have tried to make the pic smaller and still no luck. thank you
Bones
8 Pointer

Next

Return to Campfire