50%
6months
33%
Another yr
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: HOW LONG DO YOU WAIT?????

Unread postby Meatonstick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:56 am

Yep. 1 yr. That's it. 2 yrs- ID be concerned if he is even doing taxidermy anymore?? I think I'd be moving forward on this.
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:11 am

Oh he's still in business .I've seen his work he does awesome waterfowl jobs .I understand people get busy but come on really? I just hope nothing happened to this gobbler because it would be heartbreaking to try and replace this triple beard .this guy could have had nothing but good words said about him if the bird was done it could have been posted on here for everyone to see his work but I think the outcome of this is going to be his business name posted on here on how not to go to this guy ..oh well .look man just get this trophy gobbler done before it gets to out of control.
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:54 am

First i would go over and want to see the bird, and if it's still there, which i would have my doubts @ this point. If there, It's probably freezer burnt by now and you may want to just do a tail, beard and head mount. Since the head is a replica anyways. And last, i hope you didn't pay in full when dropped off. Folks have a habit of putting those to the bottom of the pile since there is no profit and the end of the work.
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby ImpalaSSpeed96 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:19 am

Like Blake said, I'd ask to see the progress. If he can't show you a bird on a form at this point, I'd ask to take it home with me. Way too long.

Too busy to post from the computer!
Tim

Stick and string, how I do my thing....
ImpalaSSpeed96
12 Pointer

Unread postby B B » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 am

Yep, ask him where he's at on the mount. After he gives you the answer, tell him, okay I'm coming in I want to see it. If he says no to that then it's time to take off the gloves. Things do happen and work does get delayed. I'm in the process of doing a turkey tail for a guy and the panel was on back order and it took several months to get so s@#$ does happen, but at two years he should have something to show you that shows he's at least working on it.

And I respect that you don't want to put this persons name on a public forum, but I for one would like to know who this person is so that I don't use them in the future. Feel free to PM the information so I don't end up in the same boat... thanks!
I LIKE TURTLE SOUP !!!
B B
12 Pointer

Unread postby uncleyips » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 pm

I took my first mount to Chavannes Taxidermy ( a name from the past ) , he had it 2.5 yrs. i finally went and took it back and ate the $100.00 deposit . ( send over some muscle - oh wait he's on time out ) ???
" Doin wrong , til I get it right "
uncleyips
6 pointer

Unread postby rr79 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:18 pm

2yrs and you are just getting the run around? Thats redonkulous. Christ landcarp dont even need tanning. Skin, flesh, degrease, wash, mount. 2 years is to long. Sounds like maybe same guy that ruinned tb44's mount.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Runhunter wrote:I'm shocked RR would do that. Creep

I dont f's wit landcarps son!
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm

rr79 wrote:2yrs and you are just getting the run around? Thats redonkulous. Christ landcarp dont even need tanning. Skin, flesh, degrease, wash, mount. 2 years is to long. Sounds like maybe same guy that ruinned tb44's mount.

Not the same guy 79 but yea it's BS the only step 79 for got was tumbling the bird after being washed
45 lb Hoyt Dorado Recurve ( at my draw length its right about 50 lbs)
500 Gold Tip traditional xt arrows
Grizzly Stik silver flame and Maasai broadheads

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Unread postby Meatonstick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Maybe rackaddict can just sue the guy :) :lol:
Meatonstick
Droptine

PreviousNext