50%
6months
33%
Another yr
17%

Total votes : 6

HOW LONG DO YOU WAIT?????

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm sure all of you know rackaddict is my nephew.in 2014 I called a gobbler of a lifetime in for him opening week of the 2014 season .he killed a 23+ lb triple beard gobbler.he was so excited and so was I when we found out it was a bird if a lifetime .well here's where it gets better .he dropped this awesome gobbler off to a taxidermist the next couple days of killing it .well he still hasn't got his gobbler back yet?? All he's been getting is bullcrap excuses and I feel really bad for him because all he wants to do is put this trophy on the wall to show off to family and friends .but that's kind of hard to do when it's still at the taxidermist , did I mention its 2016 and the gobbler was killed 2014?? I'm not going to mention who's mounting this because I don't like to beat down someones business but him and me are running out of patients ..what do you feel he should do about this trophy gobbler .enough is enough I think 2yrs is way past anyone's patients level on waiting don't you? Any suggestions on this loss of a trophy gobbler?any suggestions would help I'd hate to spill out this guys name but I don't like people screwing my family so I might just slip.
Last edited by QUACKHEAD on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Re: HOW LONG DO YOU WAIT?????

Unread postby Cricker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Id be mad too. I know of someone having same problem. Think it might be 3 or more years now
Cricker
12 Pointer

Unread postby ted b » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:11 pm

A year at the most. It depends on the initial time line iam told. Not type to rush a artist. But almost 2 years is crap
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby Runhunter » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 pm

At this point, the mount is not done, and you don't seem to be getting any answers, so why hold back. He is in the customer service business, and he has failed to provide a service. 2 years is more than enough time to do a mount and I would have been on his stupid donkey a year ago if it wasn't done. He obviously has no respect for his customers and it's a damn shame. I'd be all over him, and make sure no one else has to go through the same thing. It sucks, but you trust people with your memories. When they don't respect that, the gloves are off
2011 Hoyt CRX 32 Black/camo limbs
QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro Series/Black Octane 7" stabilizer
Spot Hogg Right On Wrapped 5 pin
Gold Tip Camo Pro Hunter 7595's
Scott Exxus Release
Runhunter
12 Pointer

Unread postby Runhunter » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm shocked RR would do that. Creep
2011 Hoyt CRX 32 Black/camo limbs
QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro Series/Black Octane 7" stabilizer
Spot Hogg Right On Wrapped 5 pin
Gold Tip Camo Pro Hunter 7595's
Scott Exxus Release
Runhunter
12 Pointer

Unread postby arizzitaxidermy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:21 pm

i would go get it and take it somewhere else....there is a few places you can mail it to and it will be back in a year.....
arizzitaxidermy
y buck

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Quack,
I would go get it if he did not start it yet and take to another person. Two years is way to long. Good luck with resolving this .
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby RackAddict » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 pm

When I dropped it off I was told "at least a year". While I would appreciate a more concrete time frame, I don't think it is that unreasonable. I called the first time at the 1 year mark and made it very obvious that I wasn't trying to rush him...that I was just checking the progress. I'm not impatient...besides like someone already said, they are artists and this stuff takes time. I was told it would be a few more months. I waited four months and called again and I was told a few more. I didn't call again until December 2015 and was told my bird was up next and it it would be done in two months. I hate to keep calling and busting balls, but when is enough enough? Lastly, unless the transaction turns completely sour I'm not gonna out the guy. It's his livelihood and at this point he hasn't done anything worth getting flamed over.
2014 TURKEY CONTEST CHAMPS SWAMP CHICKENS
QUACKHEAD/RACKADDICT/BIGDSMAN
RackAddict
y buck

Unread postby ted b » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Nope 8 moths ago it was time to start ball bust'n
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:24 am

in my opinion most real good taxidermist are very busy all year long . 1 year is about the right time for a customer to wait for custom work to be finished . maybe by late may it should be finished I can't wait to see photos best of luck RackAddict :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Next

Return to Campfire