Crazy deer movement last night

Post your favorite camping spots or ask any questions about camping spots here

Crazy deer movement last night

Unread postby 55project » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am

Last night we went up to visit my folks we stayed till a little after 10pm and headed home. They live up in Bucks co. We pulled out of their community and there were deer Everywhere's. 8-) Then all down the roads and all the fields we saw lots of deer. 8-) I said to the wife we gotta keep an eye out on the roads tonight. Not 2 minutes later 2 deer run across in front of my tk on a bad turn. And as i try to slow i tell her to hold on, figuring there will be a 3rd. Yep, BANG, and it looked like a top bouncing off the front of my tk. :x I stop and back up and it heads up and i had to flash the lights so the other cars wouldn't have the same encounter. They both pulled right over. I pull my tk up in someones driveway and walk back to the deer and the people and the deer has it's head up and it's alert , but going no where's fast. I figured it was still seeing stars. The one car leaves and the deer get's up and hobbels away about 8-10 yards and drops and repeats this till it's now back on a person property pretty far. With that i decide to let it be since every time it moved it did better. 8-) I figured it had a 50/50 if it was going to live but we're not allowed to dispatch it. So i talk to the young kid that was in the other car and i can tell he want's this deer. I tell him to take care , we drive up the rd and he's just sitting in the car with the 4 ways going. I know what he was up to, I hope he got it ok and it helped fill his freezer some. It was a Nice big Bucks co doe. :) The good was that my tk didn't take on too much damage, the bumper is bent down a little and i got Alot of hair stuck in between the chrome and the plastic, but other than that i think i'm good. I'll look at it better when i go out later today. So be careful, they are Really moving this week with this little moon that is left. Sorry no pic, i forgot the phone has a camera. I'm not a cell phone person. I dial & i answer, that's it. ;) :lol:
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Re: Crazy deer movement last night

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 pm

cool write up , deer hunting is closed in pennsylvania right now . good movement in the PM :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby B B » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Sucks about your truck and I hope she makes it. I saw a lot of deer activity also yesterday while driving around during the day. Several fields had deer in them.
I LIKE TURTLE SOUP !!!
B B
12 Pointer

Unread postby Meatonstick » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Hope your truck is alright I know they can do a number on vehicles. I've never fully clipped a deer but hit one a guy hit in front of me. Lol. Kinda messed up but it happens. Dude was cruising 60-65 on a back rd and I was behind him. He never hit the brakes. Kept in going. Doe was laying in the middle of the street I had no time to react and I don't swerve for animals if there is a chance of wiping out and this was on a bend. Right before I was going over her, she picked her head up. WHAM! Lights out. I pulled over and ran back and she was flopping around. Went back to truck to grab muzzleloader and when I returned she was out cold. I was out in south Harrison so was nothing around. I won't watch a deer suffer reguardless of the law. Sometimes its just the right thing to do.
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Wasn't hunting Pete, just cruisin' ;) :lol:

And i went back this afternoon and she was gone. I'm 90% sure the kid that stuck around till i was outta site put her out and took her home. 8-) He should have just told me that he wanted it and i would have given him a hand loading it in his car. :D
ODV Moderator

55project
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Hows the truck? Glad everyones ok Blake
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Tollkeeper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Sounds like 55project doesn't want the hunting season to end. Good story Project. I hope the kid you mentioned picked up the doe also.
Tollkeeper
6 pointer

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

hey TollKeeper . old 55project can't harvest another buck in pennsylvania he already harvested a 130 class buck in the RUT . but the man does have doe permits for bucks county pa . I had 55project up the actors he made the whole ridge BLOODY :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 am

I think the second rut is on!
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

Tom, not too bad, just twisted the bumper down a little. I'll get the tools out and fix it, .. You'll never know it was bent. ;) :D

Tollkepper, I Love the time in the woods, and your right, i don't want it to end yet . :D We're working hard @ finding a buck for my daughter. We been hunting Pa & Nj as much as possable. And Thanks to Tony (DW) we been hunting over in NJ so much, It's crazy having no break between the 2 States. We just started seeing better #'s of deer over there the past few trips also, so i think & hope it will happen soon. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Pete, Yep, i'll be back out there as soon as the Doe opens in Bucks Co. I got a few tags to fill. So if anyone needs some meat i'll be glad to take a deer for your freezer if the opertunity offers up. If no-one then i'll be dropping it off the the Hunters Helping the Hungry @ Bill's. 8-)

Jerry, I sure hope so. Nicole is getting the stressed feeling of a late season hunt. LOL
But i think your correct. The deer i been seeing have been moving across the roads again, so something has got to be pushing them out into traffic. .
ODV Moderator

55project
Droptine

Return to Camping