Runhunter and I Hit the Range

Here's the forum for all you long range experts and want to be

Runhunter and I Hit the Range

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Runhunter came up to hangout and do a little shooting today. I had a couple new loads I wanted to chrono so we started with that. Runhunter shot one string of 8 and I shot the other, and then we moved out to 550yds. He never shot past 300 so I could not let him go home without attempting something further. We were somewhat limited as the hay fields are really tall right now so we improvised and shot out of the back of the pickup which gave us a good shot at the steel I have setup at 550yds. I dialed the scope up to 2.6 Mils and sent a test round down range and it hit PING!!!...so I passed on the rifle to Run and he got setup and pulled the trigger and PING!!!! he rang the steel at 550yds! Its an awesome feeling when ya hit, it really is. We stuck around and shot a few more times at 550 as I have 3 different size targets set up at 550, small, smaller and tiny haha. I wanted to get out to 700 but fields were just too high, but we had fun.

Good shooting buddy! It isn't that easy, but for your first time being behind a strange rifle, switching winds, you did great ringing the steel a few times.

Here are some pics of my future competition partner :-)
Attachments
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Re: Runhunter and I Hit the Range

Unread postby Meatonstick » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Mam you guys look like snipers hanging out the back of that truck! Lol cool pics. Be cool to try my 7mm at that distance. Definitely gotta get some new loads.
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Meatonstick wrote:Mam you guys look like snipers hanging out the back of that truck! Lol cool pics. Be cool to try my 7mm at that distance. Definitely gotta get some new loads.

That is a 7mm Winchester Short Mag we are shooting.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Meatonstick » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Nice! Yea I have only used mine for big game hunting and really only shot the 175gr core lokt out of it.... I need to go lighter if I wanna hot the target that far and not have to hold it 3' over the target. Lol
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Meatonstick wrote:Nice! Yea I have only used mine for big game hunting and really only shot the 175gr core lokt out of it.... I need to go lighter if I wanna hot the target that far and not have to hold it 3' over the target. Lol

We were shooting 180grn...175s are not to heavy at all.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm

krazy fun report , we love to see the long range shooting forum get some action . thanks so much to you both for sharing . great looking photo's men :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby Runhunter » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 pm

I'd like to take some credit but that gun is a beast lol. There's not much better than squeezing the trigger, waiting 4 seconds than hearing BINGGGGGG as the target swings back and forth. Pretty awesome man! Thanks again for the invite!
2011 Hoyt CRX 32 Black/camo limbs
QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro Series/Black Octane 7" stabilizer
Spot Hogg Right On Wrapped 5 pin
Gold Tip Camo Pro Hunter 7595's
Scott Exxus Release
Runhunter
12 Pointer

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:59 pm

Runhunter wrote:I'd like to take some credit but that gun is a beast lol. There's not much better than squeezing the trigger, waiting 4 seconds than hearing BINGGGGGG as the target swings back and forth. Pretty awesome man! Thanks again for the invite!

No doubt the gun and ammo are dialed in beyond what most have ever shot, but that comes with hours and hours of prep time...but as you learned, how well you drive the gun is what matters most if you want to hit consistently. Even with it dialed in misses still happened ;)
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Runhunter » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Quite a learning experience. That gun is a beaut! And it wasn't even the best thing I saw today HAHA!!!!
2011 Hoyt CRX 32 Black/camo limbs
QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro Series/Black Octane 7" stabilizer
Spot Hogg Right On Wrapped 5 pin
Gold Tip Camo Pro Hunter 7595's
Scott Exxus Release
Runhunter
12 Pointer

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Runhunter wrote:Quite a learning experience. That gun is a beaut! And it wasn't even the best thing I saw today HAHA!!!!

^deuche^
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Next

Return to Long range shooting