Any long range/competition shooters here?

Here's the forum for all you long range experts and want to be

Any long range/competition shooters here?

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Just looking to get this forum up and running. I am big into long range shooting and I compete in many of the east coast long range/sniper competitions and look forward to sharing information with others who have a similar interest. Very excited to see this as a topic here!

I have a range that allows me to shoot out to 740yds and typically shoot steal plates from 6 inches to 12 inches. But will also use paper targets and the ocassional whistle pig or fox :-) that decides its a good idea to walk by while I am shooting.

I shoot 260, 7mm SAUM, and 300WSM in my competitons, but shoot and own many other calibers.

I do all my own handloading as well, so would be interested in sharing notes there to.

Look forward to the conversations here.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Re: Any long range/competition shooters here?

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:38 am

I never get the time to but have a buddy who drowls over it. When we go to Harrisburg he sits and drowls over the Hart booth like a dog watching a Tbone steak we have to pry him away.
He is supposed to join as soon as he gets the chance
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Bones » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Im getting into it just got a 7mm mcmillan its a little older but in great shape
haven't gotten out yet to fire it down range I have to join a shooting range first.
Bones
8 Pointer

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 am

Ok...I will start posting pics of teh guns I use...pics from the competitions and what I am using and maybe it will be of interest or maybe it will not be LOL but it will be a start. I'll try and get some stuff up by the end of teh weekend
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Ok, trying to post pics but I am clearly not good at it as all my pics say too big! As soon as I can figure out what I need to do I will post some pics :-)
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Bones » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 pm

its hard to post pics u have to edit all the pix before you post them it takes to long try photobucket and attach the url
Bones
8 Pointer

Unread postby blackdog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:58 pm

is there a place to shoot long range in s jersey????????????????????
blackdog
Button Buck

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am

blackdog wrote:is there a place to shoot long range in s jersey????????????????????

Depends on what you define as long range? There are several ranges that go to 300 and 500 but very hard in this state to find anything that goes further unless you have access to the military bases where they have ranges that extend to 1000yds.

I am very lucky to have a range on the farm I grew up on that extends a little over 700yds that I practice on.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Return to Long range shooting