Fort Dix Training Day!

Here's the forum for all you long range experts and want to be

Fort Dix Training Day!

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 am

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to train down in Fort Dix yesterday. It was a great experience and a ton of fun...we had targets set up from 100-900 from 6 inch plates, tractor buckets tooth, tiny 2 inch wide poppers, half silouhettes...etc. 30 different traget scenarios.

it was a blast and got to meet some great guys.

We got closed down a little early do to lightning but at that point I already went through 100 rounds haha. I shot my .260 and most all the others had .308s with 1 .243. and some AR-15s.

Anyone been doing any shooting?

this area of this site is much quieter than I thought it migh be.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Re: Fort Dix Training Day!

Unread postby 55project » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 am

Sounds like a GREAT time. I never had the chance to shoot out past 100 yards. In Pa, most are 50-100 yards kills.

And i don't have any place to really shoot, so guns are away till right before season. Then i'll pull them out and make sure all are sighted and ready for the season. 8-)
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby ThePredatorTrapper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Tony that sounds awesome! My ex's farm I use to live on was great we shot and shot and shot some more, they had a nice range set up! I don't really have anywhere to shoot my AR or pistols anymore, if you get a chance to I'd love to do some shooting if you have a place I can shoot 100yds or more!
Dont let em Dig ya up!!
ThePredatorTrapper
y buck

Unread postby ted b » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 pm

ThePredatorTrapper wrote:Tony that sounds awesome! My ex's farm I use to live on was great we shot and shot and shot some more, they had a nice range set up! I don't really have anywhere to shoot my AR or pistols anymore, if you get a chance to I'd love to do some shooting if you have a place I can shoot 100yds or more!

Try range at french creek gamelands. go to pa game commision site it has all the ranges that are state owened and location
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Return to Long range shooting