Time to frost seed clover is almost here in central PA

Question, tips about Habitat, food plots and Quality Deer Management

Time to frost seed clover is almost here in central PA

Unread postby Teddy Klark » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am

I live in central PA and the time to frost seed clover is here ( depending on your plot location ) If it is in a field it is probably free of snow, and therefor ready to frost seed. If it is like my plots and are in the deep woods you may still have a few inches of the white stuff! But with the long range forecast I suspect all the snow will be off by next week! As soon as the snow is gone, you can and should frost seed your clover plots! Also don't be afraid to frost seed a little Chicory into your clover plot, its a great addition as it is drought resistant and can handle a barrage of browsing from deer.
Happy planting everyone
I highly recommend looking into North Ridge Wildlife Forage, their seed blends are designed for and tested in PA!
www.northridgewildlifeforage.com
Teddy Klark
spike

Re: Time to frost seed clover is almost here in central PA

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 am

Ordered your seed last week along with the chicory and frost seeded last week.
Little worried how much made contact in one section, ground was covered and matted fairly heavey with the end of the year cutting last year. Was to high at the time.
So I only frost seeded the area where it would make contact, went further then I planned because of this but should work out.
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Re: Time to frost seed clover is almost here in central PA

Unread postby Teddy Klark » Fri May 08, 2015 9:04 am

Tom,
Getting any results yet, how long ago did you frost seed? I look forward to hearing about the results!
Teddy Klark
spike

Return to Habitat & QDMA