What's Your Slug Gun Choice?

Re: What's Your Slug Gun Choice?

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 am

Alicxesmine wrote:I shoot a Rem.1100 with a Hastings barrel .I tried 4 different sabot slugs without getting a good group.I sent my scope out to be tested & it was ok I have a b square mount & use lock tite on the screews.Is it possible the hasting barrel is my problem& can I send it back to the Co.

Hastings makes a good barrel you just have to find what it likes.
What do you consider not a good group?
How far are you zeroing 50yd, 100yds?
Are you sure you have a steady rest when firing and not jerking the trigger?,

No barrel or ammo and make up for human error when shooting and a bench is worse as recoill is greater and forces folks to flinch alot more. I have guys come over that tell me their guns will not group and I shoot the same ammo with great results as I shoot a lot more then most folk. If you haven't already have a friend or someone you feel confident in their shooting ability, also shoot the slugs and see if there is a difference in accurracy. I am not saying it is you, but most folks over look the fact it could be your shooting fundamentals causing the inaccuracy of the gun.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby SwampRat » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Alicxesmine wrote:I shoot a Rem.1100 with a Hastings barrel .I tried 4 different sabot slugs without getting a good group.I sent my scope out to be tested & it was ok I have a b square mount & use lock tite on the screews.Is it possible the hasting barrel is my problem& can I send it back to the Co.

try some lightfield slugs. have a gun shop bore sight it for you. they tend to behave the best in general. Nick .
SwampRat
8 Pointer

Unread postby Russilwest » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:41 am

After reading this article why would you ask what the best ammo for a specific gun is? Start buying a box or two every payday. By summer you should have you slug gun shooting like a champ.
The guy that just bought a SBE II, after paying that kind of money for a gun you should have no problem paying out $150 - $200 on ammo to make sure it shoots good. I just ordered the SBE II Slug Gun and it comes in next week. I will be buying 5 or 6 different brands of slugs to see what it eats best. If nothing I will go back and buy more.
Russilwest
Button Buck

Unread postby sjoutdoorsmen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:45 pm

My gun is a mossberg 500 12 gauge with the rifled barrel and nikon slughunter bdc it loves lightfields and winchester bris.Another thing with the accuracy issue your having could be the barrel getting hot I found out when sighting my gun in if I didnt shoot three let it cool it would start hitting lower
NWTF Member(Tri County Longbeards Chapter)
sjoutdoorsmen
Button Buck

Previous

Return to Firearms & Ammuntion