Cleaning guns

Cleaning guns

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:40 am

Just got do e cleaning my guns try to clean them every 2 months just to keep the dust off and stop rust from forming on them I brought out my wife's 22 long rifle and she said where are you going with my gun mr said just cleaning it dont go nuts because I touch your gun lol she though I was going to shoot it with out her shes nuts to damn hot to go shooting today anyone else try to clean there guns regularly
45 lb Hoyt Dorado Recurve ( at my draw length its right about 50 lbs)
500 Gold Tip traditional xt arrows
Grizzly Stik silver flame and Maasai broadheads

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Re: Cleaning guns

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah 44,

I like you go through every few months check out the guns and wipe them down with a silicone rag. I have a safe so most of the mositure stays away from the guns, but it is good to check just to make sure.

If storing for a long time I put some light gun oil in the barrel and that will keep the rust away...I do not use oil with teflon as that is not a good idea to put in yoru barrel :-)
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Ya I have a safe also just like to make sure like you said like to keep them in good working order so I now when I grab one it's good to go and not have to worry if it's going to falw up when being fired I think it's more safety then clean
45 lb Hoyt Dorado Recurve ( at my draw length its right about 50 lbs)
500 Gold Tip traditional xt arrows
Grizzly Stik silver flame and Maasai broadheads

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I hate to say this, but i'm long over due to clean my guns. :oops: :oops: :oops: It's not like me, i just got busy and first thing first. Maybe while this heat wave is on i'll sit in and clean them . 8-) 8-) 8-)
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby Jhirbirt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:28 am

Always clean the barrel of your rifle from the chamber end. This prevents the cloth from pushing any unwanted rubbish from the barrel into the chamber, which then just creates more work for you later on. :)
Jhirbirt
Button Buck

Return to Firearms & Ammuntion