Guns are ready

Guns are ready

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Uncle 10 gauge and I are ready for tomorrows opener of muzzleloading season. We headed out to the farm and I shot my gun first. First shot at 50 yards was right there dead on. So then Uncle gauge gets his gun loaded up and fires but something just wasnt right. the gun hang fires and I told him to load up again and see if its ok. 2nd shot the same thing. We both are like what the hell is going on. I said to him lets take the breach plug out and clean the gun and see what happens. Get the gun clean and fire 2 primers off and guess what it hangs one more time. So I said to him thats it him to try my powder. He shoots the blackhorn 209 powder and I shoot triple 7. so I load up my powder and put his bullet in the gun and boom gun goes off with not problem. I then tell him shoot again with my powder boom no problem. OK now try your powder again and he did and hang fire again. I give him Some of my powder and we poured his out. Then It was time to shoot my flintlock to get that gun sighted in that my dad gave me. That has never been shot and I want to do things this year the hard way. So after 10 shots and me jumping on the first shot because I never shot one before we got it hitting dead on at 30 yards with a round all and patch. Cant wait for tomorrows opener. Hoping uncle gauge gets a nice deer. He is off the 2 days of the season. I will be out tomorrow morning and afternoon the morning hunt is going to be with my TC and afternoon will be flintlock. Wish everyone going out the best of luck and hope to see some deer pictures on the site. Sorry I havent been on much my phone took a crap about 3 weeks ago and I have been fighting with Att about it for a while should have my phone back by the end of the week I hope
45 lb Hoyt Dorado Recurve ( at my draw length its right about 50 lbs)
500 Gold Tip traditional xt arrows
Grizzly Stik silver flame and Maasai broadheads

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Re: Guns are ready

Unread postby ub1243 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

good luck

i will be out.
can't climb a set of sticks or pegs right now. so in the box blind for two days.
south winds for two days would keep me out of the stand i really want to hunt anyway.
United Bowhunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
NJ State Trappers Association
National Trapping Association-NJ Rep
ub1243
8 Pointer

Unread postby 2Barrel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Turkeyboy44 wrote:Uncle 10 gauge and I are ready for tomorrows opener of muzzleloading season. We headed out to the farm and I shot my gun first. First shot at 50 yards was right there dead on. So then Uncle gauge gets his gun loaded up and fires but something just wasnt right. the gun hang fires and I told him to load up again and see if its ok. 2nd shot the same thing. We both are like what the hell is going on. I said to him lets take the breach plug out and clean the gun and see what happens. Get the gun clean and fire 2 primers off and guess what it hangs one more time. So I said to him thats it him to try my powder. He shoots the blackhorn 209 powder and I shoot triple 7. so I load up my powder and put his bullet in the gun and boom gun goes off with not problem. I then tell him shoot again with my powder boom no problem. OK now try your powder again and he did and hang fire again. I give him Some of my powder and we poured his out. Then It was time to shoot my flintlock to get that gun sighted in that my dad gave me. That has never been shot and I want to do things this year the hard way. So after 10 shots and me jumping on the first shot because I never shot one before we got it hitting dead on at 30 yards with a round all and patch. Cant wait for tomorrows opener. Hoping uncle gauge gets a nice deer. He is off the 2 days of the season. I will be out tomorrow morning and afternoon the morning hunt is going to be with my TC and afternoon will be flintlock. Wish everyone going out the best of luck and hope to see some deer pictures on the site. Sorry I havent been on much my phone took a crap about 3 weeks ago and I have been fighting with Att about it for a while should have my phone back by the end of the week I hope

Glad everything worked out. Just curious . What gun and what primers was your uncle shooting with the Blackhorn 209 ?
http://www.Facebook.com/Koblecalls
Handturned Grunt Tubes & Pot Calls
2Barrel
y buck

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:59 pm

CVA Kodiak magnum. and shooting triple 7 209 primers

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Good luck guys. Cant wait to see some nice pictures.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby 2Barrel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:11 pm

and shooting triple 7 209 primers

That's whats causing the misfires. That primer is not hot enough for Blackhorn 209. Blackhorn requires a magnum primer. CCI 209m of Federal 209A is the primer you want.
Regardless. Best of luck and get a biggun.
http://www.Facebook.com/Koblecalls
Handturned Grunt Tubes & Pot Calls
2Barrel
y buck

Unread postby Turkeyboy44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 pm

thanks 2barrel I will let him know and see if he can get that type of primer and see what the gun shoots like. but I know he is ready for the morning and not going to have a problem with the gun

SLAYEROFDEER
Stickbowkilla
Turkeyboy44
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:57 am

Good luck guys!!
Can't believe I have to miss it, I'm out Chicago for work :cry:
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby ted b » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:47 pm

TB if he wants to sell the BH209 let me know i love it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Return to Firearms & Ammuntion