Pedals the bear is dead.

Re: Pedals the bear is dead.

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

hahaha...have you completely lost it! haha! first of all me shooting a trophy animal and showing my friends is a whole lot different than shooting a nationally recognized animal and bragging about it and a frigin neighborhood bear at that! Go online and look at the videos people stand 15 feet from the bear as it walks on by haha. it was DUMB!

Secondly, trophy hunting or any hunting is an act of conservation and all equal. Why does it matter if I fill my two archery tags with mature deer or immature deer??? makes no sense buddy...the state gives me two archery buck tags that's it, so whether or not I want to challenge myself by chasing big mature deer to fill them, how is that any less of an act of conservation?? dead deer is a dead deer and a small part of what hunters do efforts around conservation...LOL I shoot plenty of does late season as well to help in the cause. And I got news for you I am very proud of the efforts my town has done to provide food for the less fortunate. Through our deer program the town uses the money we hunters pay for local permits and get a walk in freezer to put at the municipal building where you can drop off deer and they take them to the local butcher and have them butchered, again using the money us hunters paid to the program, and take the meat to local food banks as well as deliver the meat to the less fortunate families in the area...how you would consider that not an amazing program and a true effort of conservation and community service is beyond me man haha. Didn't know you had to eat the meat yourself for it to be deemed conservation haha. I eat my fair share but I also enjoy helping others a lot.

hunting is hunting you should enjoy it as you want, most of us don't need the meat we just enjoy the sport and being in the outdoors...who gives a crap if they shoot an xbow, recurve, compound, muzzleloader. shotgun...it how that person wants to enjoy their experiences in the great outdoors. Whether you are a brown its down gut or a "trophy" hunter shouldn't matter.

With that said we as hunters have a big responsibility to make sure folks see our efforts as positive not negative that doesn't mean we bow down to the anti's, BUT it does mean stepping up and being the bigger person occasionally and whether legal or not, walk away as we want to fight them in battles we can win, US as hunters (even though not involved in one idiots act) just lost this battle as a whole as decisions like this just made folks on the line about hunting jump to the anti hunting group...these dumbass decisions make their group stronger as ours shrinks, yes shrinks, the youth hunters today are fading numbers wise fast. This idiot targeted this bear knowing who he was...I mean seriously he killed the bear that gift shops sold post cards of hahaha...I get your point in the overall scheme of things but this guy is an idiot and just weakened our argument as hunters he did NOT make it stronger.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Thunderchicken » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:43 pm

It made the 5 o'clock news!
Attachments
IMG_3641.JPG
IMG_3641.JPG (38.14 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
NWTF - President Tri-County Longbeards Chapter
609-352-6957
jhunt72@comcast.net
Thunderchicken
8 Pointer

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Attachments
Screenshot_20161017-182903.png
Screenshot_20161017-182903.png (390.49 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
Screenshot_20161017-183130.png
Screenshot_20161017-183130.png (373.08 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
Screenshot_20161017-183202.png
Screenshot_20161017-183202.png (376.45 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby FallGuy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:36 pm

If you knowingly shot that bear, then being an asshat and brag about it, your just asking to be harassed and bring a lot more bad exposure to hunters. These whakos looked at that bear as a local pet, been on the news for two years and now all this is going to do is have them protest even more next time around and just maybe they will get it stopped again.
FallGuy
6 pointer

Unread postby longbeard56 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:38 pm

I just enjoyed a delicious Venison roast with potatoes and veggies cooked in the pressure cooker. Grateful for my opportunity to harvest my own meat.
longbeard 56
NJNWTF State Chapter President
Save the Habitat & Save the Hunt
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer

Unread postby longbeard56 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Whether we want to admit it or not the future of hunting requires hunters to be a bit more smart and savy about the way we promote and support this great privilege.
Plain and Simple!!
longbeard 56
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer

Unread postby longbeard56 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Just read a post on FB saying the state confirmed the hunter you guys have been referencing too didn't kill the Bear pedals.
longbeard 56
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer

Unread postby Jode » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Lou, there just trying to save this guys life. The antis want to skin him alive.

OCTOBER 17--New Jersey officials today released postmortem photos of a black bear that appears to be the beloved "Pedals," who became an Internet sensation after Garden State residents shot videos showing the animal walking upright on his hind legs.

The bear was killed during a six-day bow hunt that was authorized by the state’s Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW). Hundreds of bears were killed during the hunt, which ended Saturday.

Along with releasing images of the 333-pound “harvested” bear, state officials noted that “an apparent injury or defect to the bear’s right front paw and an injury to the left front paw” appeared to be “consistent with the bear seen walking upright on several videos taken from North Jersey residents over the past two years.”

Reports of the killing of "Pedals" began circulating Friday on a Facebook page devoted to “Pedals the Injured Biped Bear.” Over the past two years, the animal was frequently spotted walking through neighborhoods in Rockaway Township (which is located about 40 miles west of New York City). The bear apparently used its hind legs since its forepaws were injured.

In a posted statement, the administrator of the "Pedals" Facebook page reported, “For the hundreds and thousands of animals lovers who were following his story, I am sorry that we have this sad news to bring to you...PEDALS is at peace now because his beautiful soul left his body when he was killed.”

In a statement today accompanying the released photos, the DFW noted that, “While many have developed an emotional attachment to the upright bear, it is important to recognize that all black bears are wildlife. They are not pets. They are capable of doing damage, even in a compromised state.”

As for the identity of the individual who killed “Pedals,” the state “has not, does not and will not release the names of hunters of any wildlife species,” according to the DFW statement. (2 pages)
Jode
8 Pointer

Unread postby ol timer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 am

longbeard56 wrote:Whether we want to admit it or not the future of hunting requires hunters to be a bit more smart and savy about the way we promote and support this great privilege.
Plain and Simple!!

Agreed ..but social media is killing our sport it fuels the antis.
Was this bear killed by a anti member? Just to try to outlaw Bear Hunting. I guess we will never know but the politicians have been waiting to jump on something to use as ammo. This senator is hell bent on removing the hunt weather the beloved circus bear was shot or not. So if you really want to continue Any Hunting In NJ remember to call there offices and remind them that you vote!! And you can make a difference also in there election
http://newjersey.news12.com/multimedia/ ... 1.12467058
ol timer
12 Pointer

Unread postby FallGuy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:52 am

Well you can stick to your guns if you like. But, just like people have been trying to tell you, there's a bill on the table already. And it has enough signatures that it has to go before a court to ban bear hunting in jersey. S2702.

The big bad macho hunter attitude has no place in hunting in NJ. It's a new world and if you don't play it right we lose everything.
FallGuy
6 pointer

PreviousNext

Return to Bear Hunting