Pedals the bear is dead.

Re: Pedals the bear is dead.

Unread postby ol timer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:56 am

Bedrock principles of freedom and liberty are timeless and do not change!!
ol timer
12 Pointer

Unread postby Thunderchicken » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:40 am

OT,
I agree with your last statement there, but you/we can't be that bull headed and narrow minded to see that times and society has changed! We have to be smarter then that!! I believe on the first page I agreed with what you said, but having time to digest and see where this topic has gone, I was wrong! Legal kill sure, but look at the cost!?!? Was it really worth it? Just my thoughts!
Mathews Halon 6
QAD Rest
Easton FMJ Arrows
VPA 3Blade Broadhead
Tru Glo power dot sight

United Bowhunters of NJ
NWTF - Tri-County Longbeards
Thunderchicken
6 pointer

Unread postby ol timer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:12 pm

So it's the older generation of hunters that is tearing apart the hunting today ??? I think it's the other way around you can twist it an way you like but before the new society of Social Media hunters you never had this ego minded trophy Hunter that can't wait to show the world his life history to everyone, and if you think otherwise you are being lead down the garden path ,just like the guy that killed the bear. I don't have and FB or any Crap like it to show off to the non hunting public so don't tell me I need to change :evil: look in the mirror and take a look at yourselfs first. The road you new age hunters are on is full of pot holes.
ol timer
12 Pointer

Unread postby Thunderchicken » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Ok. Don't change! Has nothing to do with being old or young! Use your head or hunting will be gone like Pedals!!

PS- Switch to decaf!!
Mathews Halon 6
QAD Rest
Easton FMJ Arrows
VPA 3Blade Broadhead
Tru Glo power dot sight

United Bowhunters of NJ
NWTF - Tri-County Longbeards
Thunderchicken
6 pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:44 pm

This reminds me of the story of bozo the bear. He was is Pa record bear I believe. Some guy that worked at one of the resorts in the Pocono Mountains claimed he was feeding bozo out the back door of the clubhouse for years. The hunter that killed him said he was unaware of the feedings.
Animal rights activist went ape donkey dung. The bear actually was From NJ. Lol! He was trapped and tattooed a couple of times by NJFW. Of course that did not end bear hunting in PA. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in Nj.

I stand behind and support any hunter that kills an animal legally. Hunters need to stick together.
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby Jode » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Another pet killed. Anyone still believe in fair chase? Roosevelt and Pope would be appalled. The guy killed that 700 pound bear on his way to eat donuts. And it was a teen I believe. Shot the bear with a dozen crossbow bolts. Another bonehead move. But PA is not as hostile to hunting as NJ is. The numb nuts will get what they deserve for their bad judgment
Jode
8 Pointer

Unread postby ol timer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:25 am

This is how it starts, Right now Pedals advanced asss was about right here.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 815 times
ol timer
12 Pointer

Unread postby ted b » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Jode,
I was the kids uncle that killed it, It was a internet hot spot, The bear was never officially scored weight was the top but know not even in the top 5
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 pm

There are some comments on this thread that the hunter that executed pedals posted and bragged about it on the Internet. I have been searching and can't find anything on the identity of this hunter other than a picture of their truck at the check station. Am I missing something?
Last edited by bigcitybowhunter on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby Jode » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:12 pm

I never saw where the hunter bragged online. He did supposed tell many people he was out to get this specific bear. He could of posted on FB , but unless you are his friend you won't be able to see it
Jode
8 Pointer

Previous

Return to Bear Hunting