be honest do you wear a safety belt

Anything to do with the magnificent whitetails

Re: be honest do you wear a safety belt

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am

Always!
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Just started last year. Still go sometimes without it. My honest opinion america has been pussified. From job sites to hunting. Sometimes people make things more dangerouse by adding safety stuff. I always hunted with tree spurs climbing 40 ft withvno branches. I am still alive. People cant even get in a damn 10ft ladder stand without a hunter safety system lifeline. But……. Being i am getting older i have been wearing one it the tree. I hate it but wear it.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby ImpalaSSpeed96 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Always. Bigger problem is in and out, which I haven't addressed yet... I climb the sticks a lot, and if one of those buttons go, so do you. Honestly not a big fan of the climbing sticks. I slipped off one getting into the stand a couple years ago and came to close to going down. They're terrible when wet. I'm only worried when I'm on those sticks, I still won't run a lifeline when using pegs. But I literally can't hunt my climber without a strap. I don't like heights, I just tolerate them... I also make sure to run my rope around the tree so if I do fall out, it doesn't swing me to the back of the tree where I can't get back in. I been getting on John for years about wearing his harness. I tell him I'll take care of Stacy if he dies lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim

Stick and string, how I do my thing....
ImpalaSSpeed96
12 Pointer

Unread postby rr79 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

QUACKHEAD wrote:Yrs ago I wore one here and there ,it was all according to what stand I used .now a days I am going to make it a must .I don't fall like I used to being 53 now I'm not as adgile as I used to be .I'm looking for a faster more comfortable type what brands do all you recommend???great topic pete

The one i got for xmass is pretty easy and doesnt bother me. And i aint a harness fan. Summit pro.
I kill things!

rr79
Droptine

Unread postby grtwhthntr/fisherman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:02 pm

afraid to jinx if I answer ,I do not wear one should I yes ,do I no. I use a climber and its just to much to lift top section slide rope and than pull up bottom section. takes to long . ive tried the old ones and couldn't put it on correctly fast enough lol. I figure I inspect my stand yearly and every time I climb ,I figure if one of the sections were to break I'm still holding on to top section and or the bottom will catch me.if I had one readily handy n available I might need them built into your camo so it goes on like clothes . just being honest like u asked . I don't like the sticks there slippery, the screw ins are dangerous just putting in tree holding on with leg wrapped around tree extc.and if u leave them there a few yrs on trees like cedar they actually get loose and come out.i will eventualy maybe :mrgreen:
[flash=]slayer of all edible fishes and deers[/flash]
grtwhthntr/fisherman
6 pointer

Unread postby Nevermoor » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 am

I wear a Tree Spyder religiously. When I use a climber I use the safety rope going up and down, But I have no protection for the up and down to a ladder stand. Any recommendations?
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 am

Nevermoor wrote:I wear a Tree Spyder religiously. When I use a climber I use the safety rope going up and down, But I have no protection for the up and down to a ladder stand. Any recommendations?

Buy and put up a Hunter Safety System life line...you will be connected at all times climbing up and down the ladder.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby ted b » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am

^^^^^^^^^

earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby rr79 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 am

Thedeerwhisperer wrote:
Nevermoor wrote:I wear a Tree Spyder religiously. When I use a climber I use the safety rope going up and down, But I have no protection for the up and down to a ladder stand. Any recommendations?

Buy and put up a Hunter Safety System life line...you will be connected at all times climbing up and down the ladder.
Do you guys use life lines climbing ladders at ur house to clean leaves ect? Just curious. (!)
I kill things!

rr79
Droptine

Unread postby ted b » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Nope don't climb ladder at home but iam mandated at work to wear a harness anytime over 6 ft off ground with out osha approved platform. I wear a harness or line while transferring from steps to stand and back that is when most accidents occur

earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Previous

Return to Whitetail Hunting