Hunting etiquette

Anything to do with hunting or trapping

Hunting etiquette

Unread postby riopearl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 am

What happen to hunters respecting other hunters? Just this past weekend my son in-law and myself out deer hunting in Medford NJ , he texted me about 8am only hour past daylight to tell me a hunter bang around with a climber strapped to his back walked right to his stand to talk to him !! Really! What ever happen to seeing another hunter in a stand or blind and giving him a wide birth not to totally blow up his spot? Maybe at least you kick something his way. So I told him be patient and alert maybe the dope will push something your way. Not more than 20 minutes from that point I hear a conversation between two guys like there in crowded bar! my stand it at least 80 yards from the nearest path!!! So I waited until the 6 does they spooked came crashing by me at the speed of light, when they got close I started grunting with the call that shut them up real quick! Kept that up for 15 minutes even playing a little grunting tune they stayed on the path for all that time I guess waiting for their big chance, Never let them in on where I was don’t need one of these clowns in the next tree from me acting like he did see my stand.
Ok just venting guys just asking for the a little curtesy out there………

Riopearl :o
riopearl
Button Buck

Re: Hunting etiquette

Unread postby Hooker » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:43 am

NJ is a tough state to hunt. I get aggravated myself, I think a lot of us on here do. I won't hijack your thread with my latest story but I'm going through some bullish!t myself. I always said," you don't hunt deer you hunt around the hunters". Guys screw things up and push deer around and off property. Hard to hunt a deers natural movements here in this state. Sorry about your hunt.
High Class "HOOKER"
2014-2015 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
2016-2017 Whitetail Contest Champs. "Team Bow Jobs"
Fluke contest champ 2016, 26 1/4"
Fluke contest champ 2015, 27 1/2"
Hooker
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm

It sucks! To many people (trying) to hunt these days. They have no clue and just go out in the woods. They watch to much tv. Just gets worse. Aint no fixn it. If ya wanna be left alone these days ya gotta go where the lazy hunter isnt willing to go. Wich is a bitch and almost not worth it anymorw to me.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Yep, lots of idiots out there, BUT there are still a few of us that are still good. :) I been hitting public land pretty good this season and i only had 1 hunter walk in on me the other day. I flagged him with my orange hat and he flagged back and backed out the way he can in. Very Cool on his part. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Then we got the folks walking their dogs thru the park right at prime time. Those dogs are suppose to be on a leash at all times. But they run thru the woods and many times they get our scent and start to B line right to us. :x :x :x :x Ignorant or just animal lovers. :?: If animal lovers they don't realize they get the deer on their feet and sometimes push them right to us. ;) :D
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby bigdsman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:40 pm

That sucks when you spend all that time and some one messes you up!
bigdsman
8 Pointer

Unread postby B B » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Outlaw baiting and X-bows and in a couple years things will calm down. Nothing against x-bows, but they're part of the reason why things got so bad. All the non-hunters went out bought one put out a pile and BAM they are now a bow hunter. Just another way for the state to get more money and kill more deer. JMHO
Last edited by B B on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I LIKE TURTLE SOUP !!!
B B
12 Pointer

Unread postby rr79 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Yeah nothing against xbow at all. But thats exactly what happened.
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:03 pm

even tho i shoot one not by choise but your 100% rite on that one ,,hey riopearl im sure i know that medford spot your talking about :roll: :roll: that place is a zoo ..get out of there and head to the state woods youd be better off .if im rite on the location another ten minutes north and you got statewoods
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Unread postby DV1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeah, it's definitely tough here. This has been the worst year for me as far as having people set up right on top of me. Seems like every spot I had has a stand within 25 yards of me, some as close as 15. I know you can't claim a spot on public land but seems like the crowding is a lot worse than it used to be. Used to be bow season was not so bad and gun season was the crowded season with a lot of inconsiderate people but in recent years, bow season has been getting just as bad as gun season, and there aren't that many deer out there anymore to go around either. If you don't have a good piece of private ground, hunting NJ can be as bad as it gets, that's why we got our number 2 ranking. :mrgreen:
DV1
6 pointer

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 am

cool post thanks for the write up RioPearl :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Next

Return to Hunting Forums