Proud and excited!

Anything to do with hunting or trapping

Re: Proud and excited!

Unread postby SwampRat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Thanks for sharing. Wish you and your grandson all the success that life has to offer. If people want to be part of in a positive way tell them great and to hang on, if they are in your way and being negative...tell them to take a long walk off of a short bridge.

Nick
SwampRat
8 Pointer

Unread postby lvfishn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Been telling my grandson to just sit outside and listen to the woods in back on nice days instead of playing games on his tablet. Just listen and you will hear things that will teach you things.

The other night a thunderstorm was moving in. The back doors were open. I heard them but he didn't because he isn't in tune with the woods yet. I turned off the TV and said LISTEN! Every time the thunder goes what do you hear next? The skies rumbled and a bunch of gobblers were heard way off in the distance. He sits up with a HUUUGE smile and said - are they turkeys making all that noise?! and he ran to the door to listen. I said keep listening and you can tell which way they are going. (they were coming our way).

About 5 minutes later 5 toms appeared in the back and each time the thunder rumbled they would ALL stick their necks out and gobble. I said - see how excited you are to hear them and see them and you are inside? See how fun it is to pay attention to the sound of the woods? Just wait until you are out there hunting and hear them answer back to our calls and you can hear them coming! His smile stayed on for hours because he didn't know they did that. The next day he was out back on the patio, 3 toms showed up and they didn't see him. He stayed real still and when they left, he ran inside. Did you see that!? They didn't even see me!

He is so looking forward to his hunting days! I have 4 groups a day show up out in the back field. Hoping the 7:30 am group of 30 (3 toms and 6 jakes and the rest hens) show up for him. Not sure who is more excited, him or me. :D
lvfishn
spike

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 am

That is awesome, nothing like the rush of hearing that gobble!!! Nice job!
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby lvfishn » Tue May 10, 2016 10:00 am

So we have been out 3 times so far and out back went from 100 + turkeys a day to almost nothing only hens.
It's like they know!

Last Saturday - we had 2 hens come in to check out the call - then 2 jakes. You should have seen the smile on my grandson's face when we were messing with them calling and they were gobbling and circling us. I told him he can shoot one if he wanted to and he said no - he wants his first turkey to be a big tom.

He has more will power than I did. - I took a jake as my first one!

Will post his picture when he gets his goal! Don't worry team mates - I will get mine before the deadline!

Hope everyone is doing well with their hunts!
lvfishn
spike

Proud and excited

Unread postby Annabiz » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:35 am

Hey Men, Happy Thanksgiving. BC and I went out at 2 today for a duck hunt. Up to now Ive only got goose. Today We both got One duck each. My first Duck. I got the Male,. Not sure of the type. I later skinned it . Im thinking of frying it like I would chicken, any suggestions?

___
XRumer 12.0.17 + SocPlugin: Modern application for SMM and SEO
Annabiz
Button Buck

Previous

Return to Hunting Forums